I keep in mind as a toddler born within the late 70’s that our home and porch was typically a gallery of macrame planters and wall hangings. Elaborate braided and knotted creations dotted with huge wood beads that held a wide range of issues like ferns and spider vegetation. My mother liked her macrame and I believed doing a modernized model is perhaps a very enjoyable spring or summer season craft venture! Right here is my DIY Yarn Macrame Plant Hanger!
Whereas this yarn macrame plant hanger appears to be like like a fancy DIY, it’s truly not that troublesome! It’s actually only a cleverly created association of knotted yarn. However since macrame naturally appears to be like so sophisticated, it makes a beautiful piece of detailed decor. This could additionally make an excellent DIY reward, like for Mom’s Day or for the birthday of anybody who enjoys potted vegetation!
Yarn Macrame Plant Hanger
Yarn (a minimum of one yarn, however you should use a number of yarns) or macrame rope
1. The very first thing you need to do after selecting a fairly yarn or yarns is to chop eight 94” lengths. You should utilize a single rainbow yarn like I did, combine up particular person colours over the Eight items, or you would additionally use macrame rope. I went with colourful rainbow yarn to provide a pop of shade to my glass planter.
2. Subsequent, collect all of the yarn items collectively and fold in half.
3. Tie a decent knot with them on the fold, this can be your loop for hanging your planter.
4. Cling your loop from a doorknob, hook, or nail to make it simpler to finish the remainder of the steps.
5. To start your macrame knots, collect 2 items of yarn strings which are proper subsequent to one another and knot them about 8”- 12” down from the knot. This size will fluctuate relying on the scale of the pot you make it for. These knots will relaxation close to the highest of your pot and also you need to have the ability to slip it in between this space. Proceed knotting 2 items collectively till you may have Four knotted sections, protecting your knots as equally distanced from the primary knot as doable.
6. Collect 1 string from every knot 3”-4” inches beneath the knot and knot it with 1 string from the part subsequent to it. Once more, proceed round till each strand is linked.
7. Slip your pot up by the underside to gauge the place you want to your final set of macrame knots. This knot ought to be about 2” up from the underside of the pot to maintain it securely inside when hanging.
8.To make your ultimate knots you’re going to repeat step 6 and collect 1 string from every part and tie it along with one string from the subsequent part.
9. Collect all of your yarn strings and tie a big knot within the backside 3” beneath your final knot- right here is the place your pot will relaxation. Reduce off extra or uneven ends, leaving a pleasant dimension tassel.
10. When you have not already performed so, fill your pot with soil and a plant.
11. Slip the pot in by the broader opening up high and dangle. Then get pleasure from your DIY yarn macrame plant hanger!
Relying on the place you’re going to dangle your pot and the way lengthy you want to it to hold down, it’s possible you’ll need to knot the highest as soon as or a number of occasions extra. After mine was accomplished I knotted the highest proper over the unique twice extra. I like that it additionally gave the knot some extra heft.