Father’s Day is just around the corner, and I have a hubby who works with his hands and is on his feet all day- this means rough, cracked, and callused hands and tired feet. Store-bought creams and salves often can’t do the job, not to mention that they are filled with questionable ingredients that often do more harm than good. But this recipe is not only thick, conditioning, and healing for hands and feet- it is made from quality, natural ingredients! And it only takes a few minutes to mix together! This Working Man Hand and Foot Salve makes a thoughtful Father’s Day gift, or a “just because” present!
Clove essential oil is used to soothe all kinds of aches and pain, including toothaches and headaches, which is why it works so well in this hand and foot salve! And wild orange essential oil is great at improving moods and making you feel energized, which is exactly what you need after a hard day at work! I always recommend using pure therapuetic grade essential oils, especially when they are being absorbed into your body.
Working Man Hand and Foot Salve
¼ cup beeswax pellets
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup Shea butter
1 tsp. vitamin E oil
10 drops clove essential oil
10 drops wild orange essential oil
1. Combine beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter together in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until melted completely.
2. Pop melted mixture into fridge for 5-10 minutes, just until top begins to form a solid surface. If you forget it and it turns solid, just set it out on the counter until it begins to soften.
3. Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and whisk well, until it begins to fluff up and double in volume.
4. Stir in vitamin E, clove, and wild orange essential oils, mixing well until fully incorporated.
5. Transfer mixture into a jar with a fitted lid.
6. Store your cream in a cool dark place. You may even enjoy the cool relief of this cream when stored in the refrigerator until ready for use.
For cracked, dry hands apply often throughout the day, especially after washing, as that can dry your hands out even more.
At night you can apply a thick layer of salve to your feet, then cover with socks to let it really absorb into your skin.