Do you get pleasure from watching birds in your spare time? My household and I certain do! We’re all the time hanging up fowl feeders and love watching the various kinds of birds seem and eat proper in our yard. On my final journey to Greenback Tree, I stumbled upon these wood birdhouses of their craft part and thought these can be an ideal craft to do with my kiddos. I made a decision to seize a pair birdhouses, in order that we might make totally different themed homes to hold all year long. Comply with alongside beneath to see how my youngsters and I made these three totally different birdhouses!
Right here’s What You’ll Want:
- Assorted Tempera or Washable Paints
- Crafter’s Sq.® Artists Brushes
- Crafter’s Sq.® Multi-Pack Wooden Dowels
- Mod Podge® Matte or Gloss Glue & End
- Crafter’s Sq.® Multi-Pack Craft Sticks
- Crafter’s Sq.® Picket Letters
- Crafter’s Sq.® Mini Clothespins
- Crafter’s Sq.® Scorching Glue Sticks
- Scorching Glue Gun (Not Bought at Greenback Tree)
- Crafter’s Sq.® Jewel Sticker Strips
- Crafter’s Sq.® Multi-Pack Chenille Stems
- Crafter’s Sq.® Alphabet Beads
- Unfold a big piece of newspaper over your work floor.
- If desired, paint a base shade in your birdhouse and permit to dry completely.
- When you’re utilizing the birdhouse outdoors, then you will want to coat the complete birdhouse with matte or gloss-finish Mod Podge® to guard shade.
Barn & Silo:
- Wrap a big glue stick in craft paper to create the silo.
- Scorching glue the paper to the glue stick and permit to dry. Then glue the silo to the birdhouse.
- Create X’s on the edges with Crafter’s Sq.® wood letters, glued to the birdhouse.
- Use sizzling glue to make a “deck” from craft sticks.
- Create a “fence” utilizing white-washed mini clothespins.
- Add shells and ornamental sand from the seaside or Greenback Tree®.
- Create a seaside home title or signal utilizing alphabet beads, a damaged craft stick and wood dowel.
- Add a wood letter “O” to the entrance, painted in a contrasting shade, with sizzling glue.
- Wrap chenille stems round a #2 pencil to create a decent spiral, then glue to the roof.
- Add jewel sticker strips and multi-pack plastic “creatures” to the roof and sides.