Lots of people solely suppose to top off on lip scrubs and lip balms in the course of the winter. However chilly climate isn’t the one factor that may injury your lips and hold them from feeling and looking their greatest! In the course of the summer season your lips can even get dried out by scorching temperatures, thirst, pool chlorine, and extra! However you don’t have to make use of the identical lip scrub you used in the course of the winter. As an alternative, make a enjoyable summer-themed scrub! Right here’s how to make a Strawberry Margarita Lip Scrub!
Disclosure: This publish could comprise affiliate hyperlinks to Amazon and/or Etsy, which signifies that I’ll earn a small fee from a few of the hyperlinks on this publish. Please see our Disclosure Web page for extra data.
To make this a real “margarita” lip scrub, and to cut back the prospect that my jar of scrub begins rising micro organism, I added tequila to behave as an antiseptic. For those who don’t wish to add tequila, there are a number of important oils which might be alleged to be antiseptic, like lemongrass and lavender. So be happy to place a number of drops of an antiseptic important oil in your strawberry margarita lip scurb as an alternative (although remember it could change the scent of the lip scrub a bit).
Strawberry Margarita Lip Scrub
This recipe will yield 1/Three cup of strawberry margarita lip scrub (sufficient to fill 3 lip balm containers)
Three Tablespoons coconut oil
1/Four cup granulated white sugar
3-Four drops strawberry flavoring
6-Eight drops lime important oil
half of Tablespoon lime zest
2 drops Vitamin E oil
Optionally available – 1/Four teaspoon tequila (acts as an antiseptic)
1. Add all components right into a mixing bowl and stir properly till blended.
2. Switch to an hermetic container(s) and retailer as much as Three months.
How one can Use
1. Moist lips and generously apply the strawberry margarita lip scrub. It smells so good you may be tempted to lick it off!
2. Therapeutic massage your lips in a round movement, permitting the sugar within the scrub to exfoliate and the coconut oil to moisturize.
3. Rinse properly and pat dry.
4. Apply your favourite lip balm or moisturizer. I like to make use of my fairly do-it-yourself mica lip balm!