It doesn’t matter if the weather is hot or cold, dry, chapped lips can still be a problem! A good way to get around this is with a lip scrub! Unlike lip balm, a lip scrub exfoliates and moisturizes, a strong combo that promotes healthy, beautiful looking lips! Keep your lips looking and feeling great with this DIY Mint Lemonade Lip Scrub!
This homemade mint lemonade lip scrub is full of beneficial ingredients! Sugar is a common base used in scrubs because it’s a natural skin exfoliant. Almond oil moisturizes and plumps up the skin. Lemon essential oil has a sharp, citrus scent and is widely used for its cleansing and invigorating properties. And peppermint essential oil is full of antibacterial properties, along with giving you a quick pick-me-up with its sharp, refreshing scent!
Mint Lemonade Lip Scrub
This recipe will make enough mint lemonade lip scrub to fill 2 small lip balm containers.
6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
4 Tablespoons almond oil
8-10 drops lemon essential oil
4-5 drops peppermint essential oil
2 drops Vitamin E oil (optional)
1 drop yellow food gel (optional)
1. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and almond oil together.
2. Add the lemon and peppermint essential oils. Stir until well blended.
4. Transfer to an airtight container(s) and store up to 3 months.
How to Use
1. Wet lips with warm water and apply the mint lemonade lip scrub.
2. Gently rub lips in a circular motion to allow the sugar to exfoliate and the almond oil to moisturize.
3. Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
4. Apply your favorite lip balm moisturizer. I like to use my homemade lip balm!