You understand that stack of previous t-shirts you might be hanging onto, though you by no means put on them? Stained, stretched out, or perhaps simply not your model, you may’t carry your self to throw them away.
It’s time to offer them a brand new life.
I had this pile of previous worn-out shirts and onesies taking over worthwhile house in my closet. I knew nobody would ever put on them once more, however I liked the colours. So I turned them into vivid, cheerful seashore baggage.
Whole time to make 6 baggage: lower than an hour
Whole value: $0
You may’t beat that.
You will have:
- assorted cotton knit t-shirts or onesies (purpose for various sizes and colours)
- stitching machine
- Flip your shirt or onesie inside out. Sew a curved line alongside the underside of the shirt, from one facet to the opposite. You may draw a line first in erasable ink, then sew alongside the road, however I simply went for it.
- Lower just under the stitched line, leaving roughly 1/4″ hem. You may end the hem with a serger or zigzag sew, or simply go away them as I did.
- Lower a curved line alongside the highest, from armpit to armpit.
- Lower a slit within the high of the curved edge, to make use of as a deal with. Make certain to not minimize too near the sting.
- Utilizing a ruler, minimize evenly spaced slits within the bag. I made 1″ slits, about 1.5″ aside. This may also be completed with a rotary cutter, you probably have one.
As soon as your entire slits are minimize, stretch the bag out to open up the holes a bit. Then wash your baggage and dry them on scorching. Relying on the kind of cotton knit, some will curl up greater than others. I additionally left a number of baggage with none slits in any respect, good for smaller gadgets that will fall out of the little holes.
Now they’re prepared for use. We liked utilizing them to carry towels, seashore toys, flip flops, or to gather shells and treasure on the seashore.