DIY Tub Bombs with a Mermaid Theme.
Mermaid stuff is all the craze proper now, and I’m fantastic with it! I liked mermaids as a child, and I really like that I can take pleasure in them now as an grownup with enjoyable issues like mermaid tail blankets and mermaid socks. However I’ve discovered an much more enjoyable strategy to take pleasure in mermaids- with selfmade mermaid tub bombs! Sure, you can also make your personal colourful, enjoyable, and bubbly DIY Mermaid Tub Bombs at house! And it’s not arduous to do! Take a look at my tutorial beneath!
So clearly I made these tub bombs for myself to take pleasure in (and so they have been superior!). However these would additionally make nice presents, and I’m certain youngsters would love to make use of them, too. They might be enjoyable to reward in a mermaid themed reward field or in a Mason jar with a reasonably mermaid ribbon.
Disclosure: This publish could comprise affiliate hyperlinks to Amazon and/or Etsy, which implies that I could earn a small fee from among the hyperlinks on this publish. Please see our Disclosure Web page for extra info.
And bear in mind, these aren’t simply fairly trying selfmade tub bombs. These DIY mermaid tub bombs are nice in your pores and skin, too! My pores and skin felt so smooth and easy after my soak with one in all these tub bombs. Plus the important oils make them scent fantastic!
DIY Mermaid Tub Bombs
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid (It’s finest to purchase it in bulk on Amazon)
optional- 1/2 cup SLSA (Sodium Laurel Sulfoacetate- not the identical as SLS AKA Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and secure for delicate pores and skin. Used to create bubbles, however may be overlooked when you don’t like the thought of it. I get mine on Amazon.)
1/Four cup cream of tartar (you’ll most likely want greater than the small spice shaker- right here’s bulk cream of tartar on Amazon)
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (castor oil additionally works very well!)
2 tablespoons rubbing alcohol (AKA isopropyl alcohol)
10-20 drops of Orange important oil
10-20 drops of Grapefruit important oil
10-20 drops of Lime important oil
10-20 drops of Tangerine important oil (I used this therapeutic grade important oils multi pack on Amazon)
Pink, purple and blue or teal mica coloring ( I used this set from Amazon)
optional- Mermaid impressed sprinkles (I used these sprinkles from Amazon)
Spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
1 massive mixing bowl
Three smaller mixing bowls
Liquid measuring cup
Tub bomb molds (I used these steel molds) or silicone molds
1. In a big mixing bowl, add baking soda, citric acid, SLSA and cream of tartar. I did this through a flour sifter to keep away from any lumps in step #2.
2. If you happen to didn’t use a sifter in step #1, use a sifter or your arms to interrupt down any lumps within the dry combination. Combine dry elements collectively along with your arms or a whisk.
3. Add orange, tangerine, lime and grapefruit important oils to the dry combination.
4. In a measuring cup, add the coconut oil and rubbing alcohol and blend collectively. Slowly add within the liquid elements to the dry elements. Add about 1 tablespoon at a time, whisk collectively nicely and repeat till liquid combination is integrated into dry combination. You’ll know when the combination is ideal when it seems like moist sand and you may press the combination collectively in your arms and it stays collectively (see the images beneath from step #5). Separate the combination evenly into three smaller bowls. From this level on, you’ll wish to maintain it shifting. If you happen to take too lengthy, the mixtures will dry out and also you’ll need to spray them with rubbing alcohol and remix them to get them moist once more.
5. Add your blue coloured mica powder or cleaning soap coloring to at least one bowl. Mix along with your arms. Repeat for the purple and pink colours within the different two bowls so every bowl holds a distinct coloration.
6. Take a shower bomb mould or your silicone mould and add only a small little bit of the mermaid sprinkles (non-obligatory). Then layer within the three colours. I did blue, then purple, then pink. Press down gently. Repeat on the opposite facet.
7. Press the mould collectively tightly. Chances are you’ll have to make a slight twisting movement to get all the surplus combination. **Please Word: In case your mixtures have dried out, the DIY tub bomb received’t maintain collectively. Keep in mind that you should utilize your spray bottle of rubbing alcohol to spritz your combination if it will get too dry. Give a couple of spritzes and blend collectively till it has that moist sand really feel once more.
8. Gently faucet on the highest of 1 facet of the mould and launch the mould from the tub bomb. Gently flip the mould over in your hand and repeat in order that either side are free. Fastidiously set the tub bomb on parchment paper and permit to dry in a single day. The subsequent day, the tub bomb ought to be arduous and able to go! Retailer in an hermetic container till prepared to make use of. Drop one within the tub when prepared to make use of! This DIY mermaid tub bomb smells superb!
Right here’s the mermaid DIY tub bomb in motion! That is what the SLSA is for- creating all these enjoyable suds!