I really like being outdoor. Nonetheless, I don’t love bugs. However for some cause, the bugs love me! I will be standing with a gaggle of individuals, and I’ll be the one one swatting the mosquitoes away! So with summer time beginning to actually warmth up, I made a decision I needed to do one thing completely different this yr. I thought-about shopping for some industrial citronella candles, however I all the time surprise how a lot of these are literally citronella and the way a lot are pointless added chemical substances. So to play it secure, lower your expenses, plus get some cute wanting candles, I made my very own! Right here’s how you can make your personal DIY Mason Jar Citronella Lavender Candle!
Disclosure: This publish might comprise affiliate hyperlinks to Amazon and/or Etsy, which implies that I could earn a small fee from among the hyperlinks on this publish. Please see our Disclosure Web page for extra info.
The scent of those DIY Mason jar citronella candles is gentle and nice. Though my hubby doesn’t like citronella, he likes this candle! It’s in all probability as a result of the opposite important oils assist even out the scent. So not solely are you able to make a fairly DIY Mason jar citronella candle, but it surely additionally will odor higher than something you may get in a retailer (whereas nonetheless being efficient)!
DIY Mason Jar Citronella Lavender Candle
Makes 2 candles
5 cups soy wax flakes or beeswax pellets (beeswax is the healthiest candle wax, however I selected to make use of up a bag of soy wax flaxes that I had)
2 pint dimension Mason jars
(2) 8” waxed wicks
Scorching glue gun
Purple candle coloring (I really used a purple cleaning soap colorant I had left over from one other DIY, but it surely labored nice for my candles)
15-20 drops of citronella important oil
15-20 drops lavender important oil
15-20 drops peppermint important oil
15-20 drops lemongrass important oil
1. Place a drop of glue on the top of your wick and place within the heart of the underside of the mason jar. You might want to make use of a chop stick or the top of a wood spoon to press it down.
2. Thread the wick by way of the metallic gap in the midst of the clothespin.
3. Utilizing a microwave secure bowl or glass measuring cup, soften one cup of wax in your microwave at 45 second intervals two instances. Add second cup of wax and proceed to soften at 45 second intervals till fully melted.
3. Add the important oils to the wax.
4. Add the coloring and stir to mix. Add extra coloring till you obtain the shade of purple you need.
5. Gently pour the wax evenly into every of the Mason jars. Permit to harden in a single day.
6. Clip your wick, leaving sufficient to gentle your candle.
7. You may beautify your DIY Mason jar citronella candle with a fairly ribbon, twine, or perhaps a ornamental printable!
To be secure, solely burn this candle outdoor. Some individuals really feel which you can burn do-it-yourself citronella candles inside, however though it’s pure and non-toxic, that doesn’t imply citronlla is 100% secure. Particularly, you’re not purported to instantly inhale citronella oil (it could actually injury your lungs). Plus, many citronella oils comprise a minimum of just a little methyleugenol, which is regarded as a carcinogen. So to be on the secure facet, I all the time deal with my DIY citronella candles like industrial candles and say “for out of doors use solely!”