Selfmade Lemon Tub Bomb Recipe.
Fall is actually right here now! In actual fact, some days it’s so chilly I virtually suppose it’s already winter! Which sadly means it’s time to prepare for dry winter pores and skin. However retaining your pores and skin moisturized doesn’t must value loads! Keep one step forward of the dryness at little or no value with the assistance of those DIY Lemon Swirl Tub Bombs!
Disclosure: This publish might include affiliate hyperlinks to Amazon and/or Etsy, which signifies that I’ll earn a small fee from a number of the hyperlinks on this publish. Please see our Disclosure Web page for extra info.
Generally my family and friends give me Lush bathtub bombs as presents, and I really like them! However I may by no means justify them in our price range sufficient for me to by them for myself. Particularly not after I realized how straightforward it’s to make them at residence! Now, between those I make and those I obtain, I’m by no means in need of luxurious bathtub bombs!
DIY Lemon Swirl Tub Bombs
Makes 1 DIY lemon swirl bathtub bomb
1 cup baking soda
half cup citric acid (It’s higher to purchase in bulk on Amazon)
half cup cornstarch
half cup SLSA (Sodium Laurel Sulfoacetate, not the identical factor as SLS AKA Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. It’s simply used to create bubbles, so you possibly can go away it out if you happen to like.)
1/Four cup cream of tartar
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons rubbing alcohol (AKA isopropyl alcohol)
Lemon important oil (ideally all of your important oils will probably be therapeutic grade)
Bergamot important oil
Petitgrain important oil (or you would use Neroli important oil or another orange based mostly important oil)
Yellow mica coloring ( use this Golden Yellow powder from this set on Amazon)
Spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
1 massive mixing bowl
2 smaller mixing bowls
Metallic bathtub bomb molds (I bought mine on Amazon). You may additionally use silicone molds or plastic molds, you’ll simply must strategy steps 10 and 11 slightly in a different way as a result of your molds can be completely different.
1. In a big mixing bowl, add baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, SLSA, and cream of tartar.
2. Utilizing your fingers, break down any lumps within the dry combination. Combine dry substances collectively together with your fingers or a whisk.
3. In a small bowl, add the coconut oil and rubbing alcohol.
4. Add lemon, bergamot, and petitgrain important oil to the small bowl.
5. Utilizing a whisk, mix all of your moist substances collectively.
6. Slowly add within the moist substances to the dry substances. Add about 1 Tablespoon at a time. Whisk collectively effectively and repeat till moist combination is integrated into dry combination. You’ll know when the combination is ideal when you possibly can press the combination collectively in your fingers and it stays collectively (see the image with my fingers beneath). Separate the combination evenly into two bowls (you possibly can reuse the unique small bowl for one in all them).
7. Add your yellow mica powder to 1 bowl. Mix together with your fingers till the combination is evenly yellow.
8. Take a shower bomb mould and add a number of the white combination after which a number of the yellow. Repeat on the opposite aspect. Pat down gently, however not too laborious!
9. Add the white combination to prime off each side and press the mould collectively tightly. Chances are you’ll must make a slight twisting movement to get all the surplus combination.
10. Gently faucet on the highest of 1 aspect of the mould and launch the mould from the tub bomb. Gently flip the mould over in your hand and repeat. Rigorously set the tub bomb on parchment paper and permit to dry in a single day. The following day, the tub bomb needs to be laborious and able to go! Retailer in an hermetic container till prepared to make use of. Then if you go to take a shower, drop one in and luxuriate in! They scent wonderful!
These DIY bathtub fizzies make great presents for any event or vacation! I do know I plan to make a couple of for Christmas, to repay associates who’ve given me Lush bathtub bombs this 12 months.